I was asked to hold tight while some things are being looked into. So the offer from company 1 is still in the works and the sense of urgency, for this moment, is "holding tight." I would be thrilled to have this signed, done and delivered and know that I could be using my anxiety to stew about a new job and new people, you know just put that stress into another shit-pile. Apologies for the swears, but Jared and I have been watching the last of the TPB and there are just a lot of great lines that I like to use... like, "the shit-apple doesn't fall far from the shit-tree." so true...
Here's what you should know about my current mental space. I set the auto-coffee maker the other night so Jared could have fresh coffee on his early morning day. I forgot a coupla key steps... the pot and the water. Thankfully it just made things hot, and had I forgotten only the pot - that would have been very messy. A few other things like that have happened this week, but I have already forgotten what they were.
So today I had another phone screen from Google. It was decided that I was perhaps a better fit for a visual design postion rather than a user interface design position... have I already mentioned that? Well I'm going to skip over details, but today I got to talk to a web design rockstar. Jared was quite impressed that he was calling me, at our house! I will just say that he redesigned Blogger, WebMonkey, Wired News and stuff like that. Now I will tell you that he was very cool. I would say that it was by far one of the best interview conversations I've had. Maybe it's because I have done so many, but I have to tell you I feeling a bit tired beforehand thinking about another conversation... but this was just good. He asked good questions and gave good feedback. Another positive experience.
So enough about me... I want to thank so many people for sending vibes and checking in with me. I realize how lucky I am to have this awesome network of people who really do care how I am. I can't thank you all enough for the advice, the listening, the patience... There's my pal Ness who checks in via iChat and makes me laugh almost everyday, there's Meredith who always gives me such support and a push to keep moving forward, there's Lynn who has been sick at home (thankfully) and on iChat helping me construct emails and encouraging me with my decision-making process, there's Caelen who sent me an awesome email with such encouraging and kind words, there's the phone call with my sister that was soo helpful and made me laugh when I was beat, there's been Jodi and Joe with their friendship and availability for happy hour and eats, there's Marilyn and her phonecalls-o-wisdom, there are my (almost) daily phone calls with Marilee about the craziness of everything and her rock solid support and friendship, there's the awesome email I got from Gail who was just checking in, there's Scott who melted my heart, there's of course Jared who makes my day, everyday and has to live with this maniac (I mean me), and of course my mum who can tell how I'm doing without me saying a word. I know there are a ton of other folks who have sent "vibes" and I love you all for them - it shall not be forgotten... well, you should definitely ask me for them when you need them. This shit-brain has been having a few shit-glitches.
1 comment:
Woah dude, you chatted with Doug Bowman?!
He seemed like he was a nice guy, does he have a lisp or anything?
Did you tell him to call back and leave Jared an audial autograph on the old answering machine?
Post a Comment