Friday, October 13, 2006

Here in SF

Well for East Coasters it's 9am. Here on the west coast it's 6am. Let's just say that I have been awake for a while and slept unevenly. I leave in a few hours, a 'driver' is picking me and taking me the 45-80min drive from the city to Mountain View (depending on traffic).

Jared is here with me. He made it last night just as parents and I were leaving the hotel restaurant. Excellent timing. The dinner was soooo good, a few little samples came out compliments of the chef - so we got to try some other flavours. yum!

Yesterday was fun. I met up with my parents around 1pm. It's so fun to just hang out with them - just me. We commented that it feels like no time has passed when we're together, but that it does NOT feel that way when we're apart. weird. We wandered around a bit looking for lunch, ate, wandered, ate, drank, wandered. The weather was beautiful. I don't have the energy to give details.. perhaps later?

I would say that my mental state was good for most of the day, but later in the early evening I would gets waves of the butterflies if I let my mind wander too far. Now I am a bit... ALERT, for lack of the right word. I feel like I've had a few coffees, though I haven't had one yet. I just made some and I think it will be a good thing...

well I just wanted to check in - say hello! I'm very excited about the day, the things I'll see, the people I'll be meeting. Oooooh, it's just so crazy. I'm trying to enjoy it - honest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, Katie just rode off in a white luxury car... fancy pants. She's a bit nervous, as expected, but not too bad. I'm in the fancy hotel, drinking the crap coffee they supply, thinking about how I should plot my day. I'll be distracted, for obvious reasons, but I hope to get a chunk of work done.

Anyway, no doubt that 80min drive to Mountain View will be a good space to get the heart racing... those of you that do the vibe thing... send 'em... I'm sure she'd appreciate it. Me too.

Anonymous said...

Good luck, good luck, good luck!!!

Sorry we didn't get a chance to send you a message before you left. We're thinking about you and can't wait to hear how it all goes.

xoxox
preggo meggo & the professor