In an attempt to keep busy, I decided it was time to clean up our disaster of a clothing pile. The summer stuff is now away in a plastic storage box. But then there all this other stuff. Stuff that I tried on and tossed aside, stuff that no one wants to pick up and refold, so many socks without partners... It's time to maybe get a dresser or 2. I feel like using a bookcase for our clothes, is a waste of a bookcase - also I hate looking at it. I feel like I sleep at the Gap. This is a photo of the completed "work"... I'm not sure what this photo says about us. Anal? Messy? Can you tell which side is Jared's and which is mine? During this cleaning and organizing ceremony (a fit that rarely occurs in jaroo), I came across a shirt I had made (last minute of course) for a Super Hero party. We were to come dressed as our special power. I decided my power was to change moods fast and furiously, in a random and unpredictable way. I can't remember what jared dressed up as - something black and dark with a hoodie, that or the bluebird of happiness... just can't remember.
Jared has been working away on his paper... and has now headed off to class. He's gotten a glimpse at his mid-term grades. No surprises folks, the guy's got good grades, but not without effort. Speaking of effort, he's also very charming. The other day he came home with flowers for me and yesterday he handed me a little card. In it was a request for a date Thursday night. :) Despite all the work he has to do, he knows how important it is that we make time to catch up with each other. I'm so looking forward to it!In other news, we have yet to turn on the heat. Current temp in the pitt: 40F/4C. We have this thing about turning on the heat before November... I'm not sure why though. I doubt we'll make it as I'm freezing my ass off - and why? Because we're not sissies.
You'll see that this photo is a bit blurry, I was shaking due to lack of blood flow to extremities, priority 1: internal organs! I'm currently bundled in a long sleeve t-shirt, a short sleeved t-shirt, Jared's old hoodie, hood over toque (say "tuke" - look it up yanks!), 2 pairs of socks, and of course, some pajama bottoms. My hands are still cold, my nose is blue. I think now that jc is off to school, the heat shall be summoned from the fiery pit of our spider-haven basement and my circulation shall be restored once more.Happy Autumn my friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment