Thursday, October 26, 2006
A Girls Night
Last night, Jodi and I went for a ladies evening out. We were both so excited to be doing this again. We've done this before, just not for a while. Just the two of us, a bottle of wine, a great restaurant and good conversation. And that's exactly what it was. Our restaurant of choice is called Cafe Zinho. It's a smallish place in shadyside, with a warm and funky atmosphere. The ceiling is covered with old doors, the silverware is mismatched, the lighting is low, the service is great and the food divine! If you ever go there, you MUST order the baked goat cheese in pastry, we followed it with the calamari, then a scrumptous salad and finally the salmon entree - we shared our entire meal. It's byob, and Jodi brought the wine. It was especially nice (for us) that there were only 3 tables of people there. It wasn't too loud so we could really just talk and catch up. I think this is one fo the reasons why we really enjoy these outtings. It's just nice to go out and talk with another woman about life, careers, plans or lack thereof... It has nothing to do with not having those conversations at home (because we both do), it has to do with it being someone else. Make sense? Well I guess either you'll get that or you won't. Needless to say, I am thankful for these evenings with Jodi. We shall do again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment