Nice day here again in the Pitt. 74 degrees. If only it would stay this way forever...
Last night we did go and see the Science of Sleep. It was a good film, arty and creative in fun ways... sad and humourous too. I liked it. I would give it 4 stars (out of 5). I would tell most of you to go see it. Those of you who aren't into "arty", I would ask if you LOVED the movie Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind. Same director: Michel Gondry. It was the kind of movie you leave and keep thinking about for while.
Anyhoo, I thought we were going to spared anyone sitting in front or behind us... but *just* as the lights dimmed, a loud, older couple decided to walk in, walk down the aisle, then back up and decided to pick the spot right behind us. YES they had popcorn and soda, YES they kicked the back of my seat for the ENTIRE movie, YES they chewed with their mouths open. The man actually burped (without an 'excuse me) a few times, perfectly sync'd with the silent portions of the film - fucker. Why am I incapable of just ignoring them? Perhaps because they were kicking my seat... Why do I get so annoyed that the woman was a out-loud-too-long-laugher? Why can't I be more tolerant of the dumb-asses out there? Please post your helpful and constructive advice in the comments. :)
Also, I made another mistake... I went grocery shopping on a Sunday. Normally I know this is unwise, but this week wasn't a good one for food and we kinda let the days go by and by and now the cupboards are bare... or at least full of stuff we don't want. I only buy what I can carry home - uphill - but the issue today (as it often is) is that the "baggers" are... not mindful of walkers. I had to leave and repack my groceries. I was originally given like 10 bags and repacked them into 4 balanced bags. What I hate, and yes I'm complaining today, is when you walk home with groceries and the bags keep swinging and hitting your legs. It's not so good when you don't which bag has the eggs in it. !$#@$!@!! Thankfully I made it home. But when I got here, the first thing out of my mouth was,"no more grocery shopping."
Jared is working away on his process book - due Monday. It looks quite nice - what he's got so far. He's printed out photos he took during the painting and other stages of his production. He has written the copy for his book and will be assembling the "piece" tonight. I will add a photo if I can get one. Tonight he heads out to his study group to discuss the first 7 chapters of Aristotle's Poetica... or something. I will not be joining in. I have plans to finish up the box-o-wine and watch some Pimp My Ride. Well that's what I'd like to do... but I'm doubtful. It's good to have dreams.
Speaking of dreams... when I went out clothes shopping the other day... did I ever mention that? I went to the Waterfront, box store hell, in hopes of finding a backup outfit for the 'big day". Clothing-wise, I of course only came home with 2 new white t-shirts. Happily I bought a new pillow (for me) and some new sheets (for us). Ahh... new sheets. Just cleaned and fresh on the bed, 300 or 350 thread count, I love TJ Max. The new pillow I LOVE IT SO MUCH. It's funny, cause who knew I'd sleep even better with a good pillow and I wake up without a stiff neck. The things we deprive ourselves of... I should add that I did try on many articles of clothing. I even looked through the "careers" areas. I tried on things that I think made me look like a bank teller - I really couldn't handle it. I did try on a funky Kenneth Cole skirt marked way way down. It fit very well, but then I had a moment of, "What shoes do you wear with this? what top would I need?! I of course was completely overwhelmed and left the fitting room. I hate shopping. I would benefit from a personal shopper.
Well that's enough fun info for you all I'm sure. I hope the Canadians are having a lovely Thanksgiving long weekend and that the Americans, those who get it off, are enjoying the Columbus Day long weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment