Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Here we go...

Ok folks, here's the update. I leave first thing in morning for SF, Jared leaves in the afternoon. I'm packing and reviewing lists...taking a break. I'm getting a bit mental, but trying hard to keep focused.

This week I met with 3 new and exciting places. The Children's Museum, Maya and Mullen. Each time I think about meeting new people, I wish I was done, BUT after I meet these new people, I think how great it was to connect and hear about what they're doing. This has to lead somewhere, right?

Jared is on a new group project - something about designing something for an XM Radio for the next line of 2008 Cadillacs. So right now he's learning and researching all he can about their target demographic. Who knew "Hot Mamas" were even a real group?! Apparently, someone from Cadillac is actually coming in to visit the class and hear about what each group comes up with. He's also been reading lots of Aristotle and Plato, I tend not to ask too many questions about that. He has a new (and crazy!?!) assignment now that the coffee coil project is done. Everyone in the class was assigned either a book, a magazine, a movie or a website, they must get to know that "thing" inside and out, all the details. Then they must visualize the content and information of that "thing". Jared was assigned a movie. You know it, it's called 'Momento'. Damn... that's going to be a doozy. He's alsooooo working on a video application for a mobile phone. gawh, this is going to be a loooooooong semester - AND IT'S JUST THE FIRST ONE!?!

I'm sure there are a thousand more things I could/should tell you about, but I'm having a hard time sitting still. Thank you everyone for your kind words and well wishes. I will post a full report as soon as I get some time! Until then - have a happy friday the 13th and a great weekend!

No comments: