It's friday. but it doesn't really matter, not to me anyways. For those of you working the ol' M-F 9-5, good on you. Those of you who aren't... I hope you can enjoy it?! Those of us looking for work, if only we knew when things would change, then we could enjoy the time more NOW. dammit.
Jared had the day "off". Of course that's not entirely true. He worked on his AIID project all day before heading out to some CMU Alum reception thing at school. Time to be social and networky. He's also signed up for the Emergence Conference this weekend. So that and the 2 inch thick stack of reading he has to do - well that should make for a fun weekend here. The good news is that he came up with a great idea for his AIID project. He needed to use a mechanical feature from one for the 3 objects he picked for the last class and use it to create a scheduler. His selected objects were 1) a swiss army knife 2) a lime juicer 3) a mini tripod. The scheduler has to 1) indicate appointments 2) cancel appts 3) show ongoing appts 4) show 2+ appts on the same day. I think that's it - close enough anyways. The project is due on Tuesday and they need to create visuals (mounted on boards) of how it works. I don't know all the details of what Jared has come up with. I do know that last night while trying to help "brainstorm" - well, let's say a certain someone was in a very crankypants kinda mood. That certain someone will probably kill me for writing that - but I cannot lie.
Anyhoo... his idea has to do with making a cane for the blind become a physical daily/weekly calendar with braille. 7 buttons in the handle for "setting" dates, braille characters are made up of 6 raised "bumps". The 7th button would be the "set/cancel" button. Follow? Probably not, but maybe I'll have answers soon. By tuesday I'm sure.
I'm feeling a *bit* stressed. I talked with the lawyer this week and got info about my status. It's not so good. This is of course, no surprise. So the short answer is - get a job... NOW. And that's what I'm trying to do. My hope is that by the end of Sept, I will have a job. If I don't, well - that'll bite and we'll face it then. Before you say it, know that we know. That's the update.
well kids - I hope you all have a great weekend. I'm already into the box-o-wine... love you ALL.
2 comments:
One way I know that I wouldn't be a good candidate for Jared's program is that I thought he had to build a cane for a blind person using a swiss army knife and a lime juicer and all I could think was "DANGER!" But then I remembered that really, all that was at risk was their vision with all those sharp things, so maybe right market afterall? But it appears I misunderstood the assignment all together so I guess the blind in Pittsburgh can rest easy one more night. Happy wine drinking you. A.
ahh... and this is how people will KNOW that we're related. No question. You make me laugh. love ya! k.
Post a Comment