Today Joe, Jodi, Alexandra and Joan came over for lunch. Joan, Jodi's mom has been here since just before lil' Alexandra's arrival. It was nice to have everyone over since it's a glorious sunny day in the Pitt. (Jared was of course at school.) We sat our on the porch, ate, chatted, ate, chatted - was all n' all a lovely afternoon. Joan is leaving tomorrow to head back to California and work... she didn't seem overly excited to be leaving. I imagine it will be hard to go.
I found a recipe for orzo salad that sounded good, but good thing I cut the recipe in half. Here are the left overs - imagine if I'd made the entire thing!!
2 comments:
The recipe:
- 8oz orzo (half a box)
- big bunch of fresh baby spinach: chopped
- handful+ of cherry tomatoes: halved/quartered
- red pepper: chopped
- some red onion: chopped
- handful of pinenuts
- bunch of kalamata olives: pitted and halved
- cucumber : chopped
- balsamic vinegar (1/4 -1/2 cup)
- olive oil (teensy bit)
- any other delicious veggies you want...
- optional: feta cheese
1. Cook orzo as per directions on box
2. Cut up all your veggies.
3. Drain orzo, put in large bowl... (I squeezed half a lemon into mine)
4. Toss it all together, mix oil and balsamic together and stir that in. (not sure you need the oil?)
5. Refrigerate.
6. When ready to eat, we sprinkled ours with feta, you could also mix it in prior to refrigerating. Maybe some fresh cracked pepper too!
Easy and yum!
I'm on it -- thanks! I think I'll try it with rice the first time... Makes me hungry just to read it.
It was good to talk with you today. As always.
Love, M.
Post a Comment