Monday, September 11, 2006

The Weekend Update

ok.. I just typed the awesomest, most interesting, well-written prose ever and guess what the hell just happened?! You're right. Firefox crashed and I used some swears here in my pink and orange office of happiness. FUCK-FUCKITY-fuck...dammit. I warned you all that there'd be profanity. I did.

So let's pretend that all is well and that it never happened. It was really good. honest. I'll never be able to recapture all that there was. The abbrv. version:

This weekend, Jared went to his Emergence conference. The most interesting presenter was from here and what she talked about can be seen here. Watch it... but save all your files first. ;) This is what smart people do... there are important things going on, how can I be a part of it?!

This weekend I went here and saw lots of artists work. I was ALONE.. so I talked to myself mostly. I said, "Katie, you could so do that" or "GOOD GOD, don't ever do that!" or "Wow, that's beautiful, if only you had a job and you could afford that!" Good times. I met a woman who made stunning glass earrings. Turns out she's from Jefferson, Maine. While some of you are all, " yeah, so?" - you should know that Jefferson is very close to the Jarents. I told her she should visit Smitten (funky shop) in Wiscassett and get her goods there. I hope she does, cause one day I'd like to buy some earrings from her. No website, sadly, but I got her name for future reference, Fiona Clarke.

I visit Wall to Wall tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it. I also made another connection, through Joe, with the art director at Ripple Effects Interactive. Hopefully we'll meet up some time soon. Making connections slowly... keep the faith people!

No comments: