
He got his animation done for his tuesday class. He said people's response were like, "That was really good, and kinda creepy." Typical Jared. He had a scary-ass clown in it, lotsa weird music, a sleep deprived main character, a zenned-out mouse, something else weird that I can't remember (a dancing frog?) and a sudden, 'scare-the-bejeezuz-outta-ya' loud flash.
There's of course much more going on than just that, but I don't know all the details of his 'Dewey' readings.
As for the SF trip update, here's the plan. Jared is coming out with me. As cool as that is, my folks are going to meet us there too! We haven't seen them since Christmas, so this is very exciting. We're all headed out there on the 12th and coming on the 15th. Celebrating jc's birthday in style. If I bring the laptop, I'll try my best to blog something... though I am signing a NDA form. :) I'm getting put up in a hotel for 3 nights and flown out, with some lovely perks. I woke up thinking about it.. it's saturday I was AWAKE at 8am. sucks. But I am very excited, nervous, but excited. I'm fighting a cold right and feel like there's a lot going on that I need to be thinking about. So apologies if these entries seems totally scattered. it's just because I'm totally scattered.
7 comments:
A quick note on the little pic.
Actual size... 8"x38" -- the data represents the number of cups of coffee i consume in a day - as well as the type (Drip/Espresso or Trukish/Americano)... that is balanced by the number hours of sleep... represented by the ever popular sleep. Time is represented as a coil... so that you can see the small scale of days, but easily see it as part of a larger cycle. The entrie project is a watercolour (using different blends of coffee instead of paint). That all make sense?
I was the first crit - Ben Fry was the guest critic - and it went well... I was happy about that... esp since I'd put in about 20 hours (including dry time) into the rendering.
I should also add... I was the only person to render this data by hand. I did so, because everyone expected I'd do it with code and some Adobe Scripting VooDoo...
and becuase I thought it would look best rendered by hand, rather than ink on glossy paper.
NDA : Non-Disclosure Agreement
Time in graph : 7days
As for disturbing, I think Dan, his professor took a double take and asked if that was really all the sleep Jared got. Then Jared added that it was the first week of school...
I am very excited about SF, you'll have to send us a list of all the places we need to see! We'll be staying in Union Sq, close to chinatown I think.
Katie, thanks for posting this.
JC, The method, effort and information you've put into this is amazing. I really like the style and texture the coffee treatment gives this. Congrats on the good feedback in class.
Any chance we could get a look at a larger version?
sup bTal? I'll do my best to post it later this week or next week... If possible I'll post my whole process book (or key parts of it).
oh... and thanks man.
Very nice looking! I too would like to see a bigger version so that I can feel the true sorrow of how little sleep you get :) Right now all I can decipher is that it's pretty :)
That's great news that you are going to be able to make a nice trip out of all this. We'll all be waiting with baited breath to hear what it's all like. A girl I work with knows someone who had a similar 'fly out and be interviewed with google experience', it sounds pretty fun!
And who wouldn't want to go to San Francisco for their birthday weekend? You'll always remember it!
Post a Comment