Thursday, September 21, 2006

It shines in the Pitt

Morning all!

A new day - it's sunny and gorgeous here again, but it definitely has that fall feel to it. It's nice, but cool. The indicator that it's "officially" fall is that I wore my black boots yesterday. I even wore a jacket when I went out... but since I love the fall, I'm always happy about the return of layers and cozy sweaters.

So I finished my Google assignment yesterday and sent it off. I of course had to write about the changes I made - that email was like another assignment in itself. I am feeling good about what I sent, enjoyed the task and the critical thinking with a deadline... So, if nothing else, it's been a good experience and a great connection. I got an email from them saying they'd be in touch on tuesday...

What can I update you with on Jared? Well he goes through a coffee card in about 3 days. You know, the cards they stamp everytime you get a coffee and after so many you get a free one? Well, as it ALWAYS goes, the coffee folks love him because he's friendly, knows his order and always leaves his change as a tip. They add extra stamps to card, and often he'll get a triple or double americano, though he only ordered a single. I may have to go talk to them! Yesterday he mentioned he was waiting in line maybe 6th or so, the line moves a bit, he's fourth now. Without even ordering, they motion him over, hand him his drink, and stamp his card as he pays. They all smile, he says "catch ya later", and walks back to the studio with people in the line just looking at him. CoffeeKing?

Jared's also been working on his data visualization project. It's due on Monday. There's an animation he has to finish for tuesday, a narrative story with 3 choices to make. There's always a stack of papers to read. I think next tuesday, for the class he TAs, the professor is away this week and next, so Jaroo is having to give a demo about uploading "stuff" onto a phone or something. Generally, he's looking *quite* tired, but overall mood is good. He's walking to and from school, maybe 3-4 miles a day - he likes that. I'm sure there's much more to tell you, but it seems when I sit to blog, all the funny things that happen, things I think to myself, "oh I totally have to blog that!", they all just vanish when I get near a keyboard. I'll work harder on that.

No comments: