
I know the photo is small - but use your imagination... in the left in the corner with all the flowers is a tall post that our lights connect to from the house. Looks very cool - kinda cafe style. In the right corner is the hammock stand that Jared and his padre made... and is waiting to be stained, but gets used nonetheless. :) We have basil, st john's wort, chives and oregano growing out there. We have seen butterflies and bumblers, cardinals, goldfinches and hummingbirds. Today I saw some chickadees, the usual sparrows and mourning doves. It's a nice place to read a book with a fresh cup of coffee.
2 comments:
No, I'm not going to turn into one of those annoying responders who correct things, but fyi -- they're 'mourning' doves, so named because of the mournful call that is sometimes mistaken for an owl. Thus we can relate to them as kindred spirits...
I'd like to be sitting on your deck right now.
tis now corrected. :) thanks mum! I certainly can relate to them more than I can to those shit CPR chickens.
For those who are asking, what is a 'cpr chicken'?! It is a term, I've recently learned, my father and his longshoremen buddies used for pigeons killed by the Canadian Pacific Railway trains. Hobo fare. yum.
Post a Comment