Thursday, November 20, 2008

mid-week robot

[jc: guest post]

One of the coolest things about living in San Francisco is the art. Whatever media, style and price range you dig... you can find it fairly easily. In the short time that Katie and I have been here, we've doubled our collection of original art. While most of our collection consists of numbered screen prints, we've been looking to branch out.

A few weeks ago, we purchased our first painting.



This is "Little Wing" by SF local Matt Linares. Dig that dark sky. If I was a bit more driven, I'd show you some of our other arty bits... but tonight is not the night. For now, you get a red robot, and a blue bird. Dig it.

[/jc: guest post]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh... sort of cute enough for Katie and dark enough for Jared?

I like it.

Anonymous said...

Yep - I've been referring to our blend of tastes as Bright Black. Much of the stuff we've been buying falls within this category. This is also why Day of The Dead is such a perfect holiday for us.

Now if we can just find a few darker shades for Christmas... there might be a chance for us both to enjoy it.

Imran said...

awesome painting