Sunday, November 30, 2008

earWorms 56

[jc: guest post]

Been listening to a bit of country this week, from olde skool spirituals to mainstream country (of the 1970s). Yesterday I dug out some George Jones and sat on the couch enjoying a bit of drunken honky-tonk. While listening, I realized that it has been quite some time since I featured any country music in this here forum... and today, I am going to make up for it. Enjoy.

video:
The Carter Family: Wildwood Flower
The Carter Family: Foggy Mountain Top
Jimmie Rodgers: Waiting for a Train
Jimmie Rodgers: Blue Yodel No 1.
Hank Williams: Ramblin' Man
Hank Williams: I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
Wanda Jackson: Cool Love
Wanda Jackson: I Gotta Know
George Jones: She Thinks I Still Care
George Jones: These Days (I Barely Get By)
Willie Nelson: Mr. Record Man
Willie Nelson: Smells Like Teen Spirit
Johnny Cash: San Quentin
Johnny Cash: Sunday Morning Coming Down

Yes. That was Willie Nelson covering Nirvana. Maybe I should do an earWorms dedicated to old country greats covering modern favourites? Any interest?

[/jc: guest post]

No comments: