Wednesday, June 25, 2008

earWorms 34

[jc: guest post]

Can you believe it, three earWorms posts in 4 days. Honestly, I can't even help myself... I keep looking for distractions at night, and the most common path seems to be music. No shock there.

In Japan, they have a term that refers to obsessive kids that live for comic books (manga), they call them otaku. Here in the states, the term gets used to generally describe anyone with an overly nerdy attraction to anything (you may be more familiar with the British anorak, which isn't much different). Whatever the case, otaku or anorak, I fear that I am indeed one of them. In recognition of my otaku-ism, I have decided to post a few (fitting) videos from Japan. Don't worry, I won't include anything too noisy.

video:
Fantastic Plastic Machine: Take Me To The Disco
Pizzicato Five: Baby portable rock
Towa Tei (w/ Ayumi Tanabe): Butterfly
Cornelius: Tone Twilight Zone
Alva Noto & Ryuichi Sakamoto: Trioon I
Ryoji Ikeda: Data.Microhelix

[/jc: guest post]

No comments: