[jc: guest post]
The last few earWorms have been a bit wordy, rambling on about some random crap... rastabilly nightmares and such. Well, this week we'll skip all that crap and just jump right to the goods. This week has been spent between boxes, and over those boxes we have been spinning all sorts of goodness. The first treat of the week comes Shystie, one of my all time favourite Grime acts. In fact, I think I'll post two tracks from her Diamond in the Dirt album... it made me so happy to rediscover it. Check the speed of her delivery in that first track. Crazy shit.
The second resurfaced disc of the week comes from Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins. When I first scored this disc, I wasn't overly moved... and honestly I just shrugged it off as more of the same Rilo Kiley crap that I was used to hearing. That said, lack of sleep does wonders on an open mind. The two tracks I am sharing, Big Guns and Rise Up With Fists, both seemed to seep into my sleepy head and stick until morning. This is as good a test as any for me.
audio:
Shystie: Can't Play
Shystie: One Wish
Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins: Rise Up With Fists
Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins: Big Guns
video:
Shystie: Step Back
Shystie: One Wish
Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins: Rise Up With Fists
Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins: Run Devil Run and Big Guns
Enjoy.
[/jc: guest post]
No comments:
Post a Comment