Wednesday, June 18, 2008

San Francisco

[jc: guest post]

Been awhile since we actually shared much other than music. I suspect that a few of you are pretty curious as to what the hell is going on with the coffeeKids. Well, as many of you know I've done my tour and I've walked away with a Masters of Design in Interaction Design. My last semester was a bitch of a ride, but it all came together, both in terms of school and work. For a while there we thought we'd be moving to Sydney, where I had an offer to work using Design within the context of organizations (rather than in artifacts or services). I also had a pretty decent lead with IDEO, but decided mid-interviews that I'd rather not work with them. Finally, I made my choice.

At the end of July, when we return from a few weeks in Spain, Katie and I will be moving to San Francisco. Katie will continue to work for MAYA Design, and I will be working as a Design Strategist for Adaptive Path. For those that don't know AP, trust me when I say that as an organization I couldn't have asked for much more. Their ethics (generally) align with my own and their vision for the future of Design seems promising.

While Katie and I still don't have a place to live and we are yet to secure a sublet, we are looking forward to moving onto new things. Pittsburgh has been what it is, but it is time for something new. Hopefully, we can keep you updated on a more regular basis when we get there. For now, we've got about 10 days before a group of movers comes to gather our stuff and tuck it away in storage. Much to do, and little desire to do it... same as it ever was.

audio:
Led Zeppelin: Going To California

[/jc: guest post]

1 comment:

coolmama said...

Can't wait for you guys to be on the West coast again, maybe we'll see each other more often Take care and have a good holiday! Miss you both.
KC