You've waited all week and here we go again, another Sunday edition of earWorms. This week I have some treats for you, starting with the wispy Bat For Lashes. Bat For Lashes is the stage name of Natasha Khan. Mizz Khan makes nice pop music with a slightly dark lean to it. For visual proof, I strongly suggest you check out her BMX + Donnie Darko influenced video below.
The second treat this week comes from Thurston Moore. Thurston is best known as a member of one of my all time favourite groups Sonic Youth. Those of you that know Thurston's solo work or his work with Sonic Youth, know them to be a fairly experimental and often quite loud. This track from Moore's last album, Trees Outside The Academy, some how manages to sound like one of those songs I've heard my whole life. It is full of nostalgia, but never slides into anything too dramatic. Sadly, I was unable to find a good video for this song, but luckily you get a Sonic Youth video.
The next two tracks were both featured on the Shaun of the Dead soundtrack. I don't know much about the first band, I Monster, other than the fact that they are actually a duo... and they make some fun music. Again, I was unable to find a video for this song, so you get another by them... not suggested for those with a thing against Barbie or BDSM.
Finally, the last track of the week and the second track pulled from the SOTD soundtrack, Ghost Town. This song is one of the best songs that The Specials ever managed to wrangle. While I do like ska, and The Specials did pull out some wonders, this song may be my favourite of the genre. Maybe. Maybe not... whatever, its a freakin' good song.
audio:
Bat For Lashes:
Thurston Moore:
I Monster:
The Specials:
video:
Bat For Lashes: What's A Girl To Do
Sonic Youth: Kool Thing
I Monster: Daydream In Blue
The Specials: Ghost Town
bonus videos:
Donnie Darko: Movie Trailer
Shaun of the Dead: Movie Trailer
[/jc: guest post]
No comments:
Post a Comment