We packed up our stuff, 2 crates worth, which is now in storage somewhere here in California. We left Pittsburgh on July 1st and flew to Maine to hang with family for a few days. We were, as we always are, very well taken care of. It was an excellent beginning to our vacation and latest life transition. It definitely helped us to start relaxing and prep for our upcoming weeks of travel.
We spent a couple of days in Boston seeing friends and then flew to Barcelona on the 7th. We were there for 4 days, then took a 3 hour train ride south to Valencia for Jon and Sonia's wedding - which was so fantastic! We stayed there for 5 days then popped back up to Barcelona for another day and a half. It was a truly great trip.
We're now in San Francisco, our new "home". I couldn't really tell you how I'm feeling right now, it seems to change every 5 minutes. We're in a 2 week sublet in the lower Haight and then will move to a month-long sublet a few blocks away from here. Hopefully in that time we'll find a place we like, in a neighbourhood we like and then have our stuff moved, and then - maybe life will begin to feel normal?
I'm not sure I have it in me to write too much today - I wouldn't even know where to begin and the time zone differences (I think) have finally caught up to me. Here's a little Maine photo essay.


1 comment:
my what cute children!
Post a Comment