[jc: guest post]
Sorry for the delay. After packing our life into crates, bouncing across the Atlantic, and then crossing the US, we've finally landed here in SF. Sadly, the majority of my music remains in a crate somewhere in southern California (I only have the 40gb iPod), and as a result I'll have to stick to video posts for the time being.
Last month, just after school ended, I stayed up late one night and watched Death Proof. For those that don't know, Death Proof is Quentin Tarantino's contribution to the Grindhouse feature that he made with Robert Rodriguez last year. Neither of the Grindhouse films are really worth watching, but if you do ever have to make a choice... opt to watch Death Proof (if for no reason other than its awesome soundtrack). As many of you know, or should know, Tarantino's movies often have great soundtracks (for example: Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown and Kill Bill). lots of funk, soul, surf and solid rock-n-roll... this movie carries on the tradition.
From the DP soundtrack, I'm posting just a few of the many great tracks... and I am telling you, you should acquire this release in its entirety.
video:
Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich: Hold Tight
Eddie Beram: Riot In Thunder Alley
The Coasters: Down in Mexico
bonus video:
Death Proof: Trailer
Dig it.
[/jc: guest post]
No comments:
Post a Comment