Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Time drags on at a million miles an hour

[jc : guest post]

After a bit of a lull, I will be trying to at least whisper into the dead air. Katie has been feeling a bit bummed about leaving you all out in the cold, knowing you are all eager for an update. To give it to you simply... life is insane. Only four days into her new job, and she's already been tasked with 3+ projects. When I say projects, I don't mean "we need a pretty little logo" projects... I'm talkin' about snugglin' a rabid dog projects. Serious. New people. New location. New ideas. New language. New applications. New systems. Everything is new. So, a quick recap... for 8-9 hours a day, Katie is kicking her legs as fast as she can, trying to keep her head up and out... miles from anything familiar and comfortable. Stress doesn't cut it.

Me... I am down to about 4 weeks of school. In that four weeks I need to tackle at least one paper (likely two), create an interactive visualization of Memento's "information space," design and present a fleshed out concept for a social robot, a kinetic type project, a Flash game (for mobile phone), begin working on a loose identity system (for a client), jot some loose ideas for next semester's independent study, build a dynamic archive of student projects (for the class I TA) and finally, find time for all of the other bits of life... like friends, family, freelance, laundry, cleaning, beer, etc. Everything in life is covered with dust.

So yes, we are a bit stressed. As you all know, stress is fairly common around Casa Café, we're used to balancing each other out... what sucks is when we are both so strapped for time and energy. We are dealing with our own deadlines, but feeling bad that we can't help the other with theirs... we get a bit grumpy... dishes pile up... who's thinking about dinner? Damn... is it 2am already?

I am not sure when Katie will blog next, but I expect it will be soonish... until then, I hope this holds ye. Thanks for reading.


[/jc : guest post]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,
FT. L. FL. here.
Hang in there!!!
We've got a parallel universe here.