
I've been having a great time here on the West Coast. The first few days were gloriously sunny, then as you can guess, the rain arrived. The sound of the rain of the skylights is always a happy sound to me, it's the grey I'm not so good with. I've managed to very quickly adapt to pst, which troubles me from my return East. All the paperwork for my visa application arrived on friday, so now all I have to do is wait until Monday when I leave.
Friday Alison, Scott, Andrew and I went to the West Van Yacht Club for lunch. Alison and Scott (sailboat owners and therefore members) generously bought me and Andy lunch. Know what I ordered?! A Caesar.. mmm. It's a drink with vodka, Clamato, Worcestershire, tabasco, juice of lime wedge, celery salt rim, garnish with celery stalk and lime wedge. Other garnish options: spicy bean, spicy asparagus, cherry tomato and bocconcini on a spear, or do the Mardi Gras Caesar (classic with a raw oyster). Can't get those in the US. But that wasn't all I had of course, I also enjoyed a cranberry, sundried tomato, brie and grilled chicken sandwich on toasted sourdough. After that we went down to see the boat, check out the name and font choice - sorry no photo, I guess I forgot. After that we parted ways, Andrew and I spent the afternoon together. He wanted to look at a new cell phone and get a new pair of jeans. Here's what's different (well one thing) about him and I. He looked at a few phones, asked maybe 5-6 questions and then just bought one. Jared and I need to read all reports, reviews, look for best price, see it , hold it, leave it - basically draw the process out as long as possible. Then one day when it's absolutely critical, like we need it tomorrow, we rush out all panicked and buy the one we liked from the beginning. I think I should take a lesson from my brother.
Friday night, mum was out teaching so i joined dad and his friend David for dinner. I had the prime rib with the yorkshire pudding... ooh so good. I thought I might not be hungry enough, turns out I was. I followed it up with a raspberry mousse. Funny, I usually have no room for dessert. Today I ran some errands with Dad, as we drove along our street towards the house, a bunch of guys were waving their arms, shouting that a gas main had been broken. Freaked me out, the smell of gas was soo strong... in minutes the firetrucks were here. Apparently there was also a woman down the street who had just gone into labour. It's just been another exciting day here. It's also Alison's birthday today and I'll be having dinner with them tonight to celebrate.
No comments:
Post a Comment