When Katie and I moved from Pittsburgh we sold a lot of our stuff, and with that lot we sold our stereo (one of two). It still sounded good, but it was gigantic with big-ass speakers... it just demanded too damn much space and attention. We had planned to acquire something else when we moved to SF, but until this evening we've been getting by with a set of decent computer speakers (or worse - little laptop speakers).
This evening, while looking for a place to eat, we randomly walked into a little shop in Hayes Valley. Like many of the shops down there, it was full of "designy" things, some attainable, some not so attainable. Along one wall there were a number of little radios and ipod sound docks, the majority of them from Tivoli. I'd seen the Tivolis before, and I've given some consideration to their Model One, but I wasn't interested in that this evening. Nope. Katie and I were drawn to a little wooden box.
This little wooden box was supply the sound for the whole shop, and unlike the majority of iPod speakers, it looked like it was from Earth and not some glossy white spaceship. The woman that ran the shop told us a bit about them, including the fact that they were earning all sorts of accolades from the design world, as well as eco-hipsters. After a brief bit of discussion, we snagged that little wooden box and took it home.
Now we have our very own Vers 2x. Despite that techy-ass name, it really is a nice little object. It came with a cover for the face of it, but we prefer to see the two round speakers and the face of wood. We've only have a few moments to test it out, but so far it sounds pretty good (perhaps a bit light on bass - but good).

[/jc: guest post]
No comments:
Post a Comment