Saturday, April 26, 2008

earWorms 23

[jc: guest post]

With each passing day my listening preference grows more and more random. Jumping from Willie Nelson to Buckethead, over to Clotaire K and then back to Vera Hall. No path and no clear logic. While scrolling through my playlists, I noticed a small collection of Turkish pop/hip-hop that I had intended to post as a contrast to all of the mid70s psych that I was posting. After giving it another listen, I've determined that it is indeed worth sharing. These be some catchy tunes, and not being able to understand the words makes them even easier to enjoy.

audio:
Nil Karaibrahimgil: Bütün Kızlar Toplandık
Sultana: Çerkez Kızı
Özlem Tekin: Kim bilir

video:
Nil Karaibrahimgil: XL
Sultana: Kuşu Kalkmaz
Özlem Tekin: Yol

Please excuse any weird formatting, I'm not exactly sure how to access the entire Turkish alphabet.

[/jc: guest post]

No comments: