So yesterday 6 of us piled into the ultrasound room with the nurse. We got to watch her prod Raina and take measurements of this little one. It was really amazing to watch, that little heart beating, the fingers, nose and mouth shot - wow, very cool. Jared was obviously quite impressed with the technology. Turns out this tiny one weighs about 10oz. By the end of it, we were all told that it's 90% likely a girl. We all saw a few butt shots and none of us saw anything there. I imagine that when it's a boy, the butt shot confirms and it's 100%, but when it's a girl there's a chance that the angle wasn't perfect and that it could be a boy. So Raina is now having to debate whether or not to continue with her plan to paint the baby room pink and brown as planned. I think 90% is pretty good and I saw the different views, I'd say there's a niece on the way.
Friday, December 29, 2006
What does 90% mean to you?
So yesterday 6 of us piled into the ultrasound room with the nurse. We got to watch her prod Raina and take measurements of this little one. It was really amazing to watch, that little heart beating, the fingers, nose and mouth shot - wow, very cool. Jared was obviously quite impressed with the technology. Turns out this tiny one weighs about 10oz. By the end of it, we were all told that it's 90% likely a girl. We all saw a few butt shots and none of us saw anything there. I imagine that when it's a boy, the butt shot confirms and it's 100%, but when it's a girl there's a chance that the angle wasn't perfect and that it could be a boy. So Raina is now having to debate whether or not to continue with her plan to paint the baby room pink and brown as planned. I think 90% is pretty good and I saw the different views, I'd say there's a niece on the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
90% definitely means a niece is on the way. I don't think that they're allowed to ever say 100% are they???
We are so excited for Raina (and your entire family), although I just can't imagine doing this again with a toddler :) And what a cute toddler he is by the way, very nice pictures with Uncle Jared!
I guess this is what is called 'intermittent reinforcement' -- every now and then I get rewarded for my diligence in looking... It's a huge relief. Thanks, Jared.
D.
Post a Comment