Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Merry Christmas from Maine...

Merry Christmas to all! I LOVE CHRISTMAS.

Jared and I are in Maine, we arrived on Christmas Eve from Pittsburgh. Jared is asleep, enjoying vacation time and I'm relaxing enjoying a cup of coffee in my pajamas. It's almost noon.

So much to tell, I don't know where to start. Christmas has once again been a day of generosity and thoughtful gift giving. Jared and I have received very well... soon we will post some photos from our new digital camera - thank you L + A!! Jared and I celebrated an earlier Christmas, on the 23rd, in Pittsburgh, opening our Vancouver gifts, as well as each others. Jared bought me an awesome pair of Keen boots! - how cool is that?! I'll also be the cool kid at work with my fantastic new laptop bag from my folks! Love it - so so much. It was one of those gifts that surprises and delights... I'd forgotten seeing it on my last trip to Vancouver, but mum hadn't. yippeee! Anyhoo, I won't go through the entire inventory of gifts and treats. It is mostly nice to spend time with family, laughing and telling stories. I am thankful that I have 2 families (unfortunately on opposite coasts) that love us and look after us - and that we always enjoy spending time with.

Christmas Day was spent with Lynn and Aaron, Raina, Preston and Aiden and Karen and Bruce (family friends). L+A kept us all well fed all day, while Aiden (2yrs) kept us entertained. Jared let Aiden grind the coffee beans - Aiden now says, "coppee, jabba" (read 'coffee, jared'). I would like to gloat and say that "Katie" is one of his favourite words, though for some reason, I can not understand a word when he's holding a diaper and saying, "Katie". That doesn't translate into Canadian, go figure.

Jared finished his first semester on the 14th. I know, this is weeks ago. 1 down, 3 to go. He got his grades on the 23rd I think, and take a guess about how well he did. The hard work paid off, my guy got all A's. I think they should have a second column for partners. I think I should also get grades for Dealing with Cranky, Lack of Sleep Student, Last Minute Crisis Handling, Attempting to Understanding Dick's Seminar Readings, Keeping Up with A Fancy New Vocabulary, and It's Almost Like You're Single But So Not. Let's just say, I might not have gotten A's in everything, but I worked hard. Jared did some really amazing and interesting stuff this semester. I can't believe it was in a 3.5 month period. We counted about 11 projects, I think. Maybe I can ask him about his highlights and let you all know.

I'm still trying to get back into the blogging thing. I find that my new job is starting to feel more familiar... hopefully this will mean that I can find some balance in my life and make time to keep you all in the loop. I will try to include current information about jc's 2nd semester projects since it pretty interesting stuff. I do know that he has decided to do an independent study this semester (will be TA'ing another class and doing the 3-4 other classes he has to take). He's hoping to learn about and focus on more physical computing type stuff, maybe use his new Robot Building for Dummies book (thanks to Andrew).

Well my friends, I am off to continue relaxing. I will post again in a few days. We hope you are all well and full of holiday cheer.

No comments: