Saturday, October 25, 2008

earWorms 49

[jc: guest post]

Have you ever stumbled onto something great, thinking that you'd just discovered a hidden gem, only to discover that you are the last to the party? This sort of thing happens to me all the time with music. Most recently was my discovery of John Fahey.

While streaming a bit of blues music last week, I stopped what I was doing and totally fixed on the music... it was completely mesmerizing. I checked the stream and discovered a name that I'd never heard, performing a tune that I couldn't recall ever hearing before. Later that night I spent some time sifting around looking for more info. As it turns out Mr. Fahey is pretty well known.

For those that don't know ol' John, or have forgotten how damn good he is... I offer this little reminder, starting with Red Pony (that first track that snagged my attention).

video:
John Fahey: Red Pony
John Fahey: Candy Man
John Fahey: Lion

damn fine.

[/jc: guest post]

No comments: