[jc: guest post]
I know. Too damn quiet. You're right. At least you've got something to listen to right? I mean when times get hefty, all you need is a good song. When you are feeling down, you turn to booze... and music. Feeling good, I'm guessing you'll be tossing a coin into the juke. Whatever. Music is enough. Sometimes.
video:
JJ Barnes: Chains of Love
Bobby Byrd: I Know You Got Soul
Hank Ballard: From The Love Side
The close listener will likely recognize some of these breaks...
hipHop does love the Rhythm, Blues and Soul.
[/jc: guest post]
1 comment:
Looking at this week's selection, I realized that I've been playing/posting a lot of Funk, Soul and Motown... nearly every week has featured some kind of Detroit (or influenced) music since the Detroit post back in June.
http://complikatie.blogspot.com/2008/06/earworms-31.html
I'll need to bounce onto something else for the next round.
Post a Comment