Monday, May 12, 2008

right now...

Right now Jared is downstairs presenting his final thesis. it will be over probably before I even finish this entry - it's a 10min presentation with 5 min for questions. Sounds okay enough, but as we all know, it's the anxiety and lead up that's the killer. Thankfully I'm a slow typer so I won't spend too much time stressing out on his behalf.

All presentation will be done by 3:30pm and then, I believe, folks are taking the evening off to celebrate, before all the documentation begins tomorrow am. Graduation is Saturday.

[in theory, Jared is already done!]

For those readers who are still following this blog, we'll be moving to San Francisco sometime in July. Jared has accepted an awesome job and we're really excited to try something new. Those of you on the west coast - can't wait to hang out with you more often. :) East Coasters - you'll have to come an visit. Oddly enough there haven't been a lot of visitors to Pittsburgh. Go figure. :)

Well my friends, that's the quick update. I hope all is well in your worlds. More info and details to come as bigger decisions get made.
xox,
k

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! As if he won't have the best presentation of anyone ever in the entire school.

Hard to believe that this chapter is over though I'm sure its felt long to you two. I know that you're anxious to move on so a big congrats on the job news. I feel so out of the loop!

Have fun celebrating and it'll be exciting to hear all the new news :)

marilyn said...

OMG! I'm so glad you're not going to Australia... SF eh? Congratulations on all, especially on graduating, Jared. Katie, we'll have to take that trip to New Orleans now that you've settled on where to be for the foreseeable future. Just got back from SF... it was pretty dang nice!

xox to both of you.
(ps. Jared, I met your female doppelgänger while in SF... only she wasn't evil, just a little brooding and very nice.)

Anonymous said...

Thanks to you both, and to those that have sent emails. I have just one more day of work (finishing project documentation) and then I will try to respond to you all in a right and proper manner. Hope you are well.

jc