The final push. When all you want to do is call it done, drink a beer and go to bed... how do you get yourself to keep going? It all depends on where you are in the project, for me, I am in the production stage of pulling together the final documentation for my thesis work. In my experience, this stage of production often seems to work best with steady beats with low lyric content. While allowing iTunes to randomly sift through electronica, techno and related genre, I found myself bobbing head and almost working in sync with the beats I was hearing. After a moment I realized what was happening, but didn't immediately recognize the music. I had stumbled back onto some tasty Canadian beats (c.2004?) from DJ Champion and his G-Strings and their debut album Chill'em All. This 11 track release has a number of decent tracks, but I'll stick to the few that have boiled to the surface... including their biggest "hit" No Heaven.
audio:
DJ Champion:
DJ Champion:
DJ Champion:
video:
DJ Champion: No Heaven
DJ Champion: No Heaven
I suggest watching both videos, they are different enough to be interesting. Sadly, I don't have the time to figure out who the second vocalist is... but I know it isn't Betty Bonifassi.
Ok, it's 4:30... I'm going to try to sleep a bit before the sun arrives.
[/jc: guest post]
1 comment:
Fancy that -- complete ignorance of this sound, and they're even Canadian. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, Jared -- even I got a little work done movin' to the music..
Post a Comment