I am done. Done. More on that later. Really.
With this past weekend being graduation weekend, my folks were in town for a few days. While we did listen to some music between our eating and drinking, there wasn't a huge amount of time spent between headphones. So, rather than show up empty handed, I figured I'd look for holes in the earWorms discography. There are many. After a bit of time pondering possible directions, I've decided to wrap a bit of history into this edition.
Growing up I watched Cheech & Chong, Easy Rider and a few other assorted hippie film favourites. When I met Katie, I discovered that her youth did not include these cinematic classics... and more importantly, her youth didn't include the same soundtracks. For the time being, I'll skip C&C and focus on Easy Rider. Most of you will remember a few key points in the film, from Jack smokin' grass to those rednecks in the final scene... but how many of you really remember the music? So much of the movie is defined by its use of music, and as a youth it gave me more reason to flip through all of those old LPs that my parents had. While most of the tracks from the movie are fairly well known, the Easy Rider Deluxe Edition offers a few lesser known treats. This week I am posting three of my favourites from disc two of ER collection.
audio:
The Seeds:
The Electric Prunes:
The Blues Magoos:
video:
The Seeds: Pushin' Too Hard
The Electric Prunes: I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night
The Blues Magoos: (We Ain't Got) Nothing Yet
Cheech & Chong: Mexican Americans
unrelated bonus videos (for the kids):
Multiplication Rock: I Got Six
Johnny Cash: Nasty Dan
[/jc: guest post]
No comments:
Post a Comment