Sunday, August 17, 2008

earWorms 38

[jc: guest post]

Wow. Life has been crazy since the last edition. We found a place to live, Katie flew back to Pittsburgh (for 10 days) and Jamin arrived just in time for the UX conference. For me, as an employee of the conference host, I spent a lot of time talking to strangers and staying out late. All of this activity has been soaked in beer and booze... leaving me rather exhausted on this Sunday evening.

Enough about me, let's talk about music. The past week has been a good week for my listening and it has provided a number of good music focused discussions. One conversation centered on hip-hop and the sampling of Detroit funk and soul. As you all know, I am a fan. Walking home after the conversation I found myself bopping my head as I silently "sang" One Step Ahead. When I got home, I dug up the video and a few my other favourites. This week's earWorms stems directly from that evening of searching. I hope you dig it.

video:
Aretha Franklin: One Step Ahead
Mary Wells: Bye Bye Baby
Martha & The Vandellas: Nowhere to Run


[/jc: guest post]

No comments: