Sunday, February 10, 2008

earWorms 10

[jc: guest post]

When I sat down to figure out what I wanted to share this week, I really had no idea. The truth is, I've been listening to a little of everything, and a lot of Metal... and as I mentioned last time, this ain't the venue for metal music (not just yet).

So, what have I got for you? Well to start things off, we're going to dig out one of my all time favourite love songs. A song of sadness...

Bill Withers: Ain't No Sunshine

Following that song of sorrow, we'll skip back to my youth and the discovery of industrial music and the concept of cyberpunk... this is one of the songs that made me want to shed my fleshy cage and become the bits that i was meant to be.

Chemlab: Electric Molecular


The third track of the week is one of those songs that I have listened to maybe 10,000 times and still... I'm happy every time I hear it. It is that good.

Massive Attack: Angel (Radio Edit)

Finally, a track from Katie's playlist. Some of you may know The Frames, they've been around for quite sometime... fewer of you may know the movie Once. This track comes from that movie, which stars Glen Hansard (of The Frames) and Marketa Irglova. Dig it.

Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova: When Your Mind's Made Up

and with that... we close week ten of earWorms.
Catch ye next time.


[/jc: guest post]

No comments: