Sunday, January 20, 2008

earWorms 07

[jc: guest post]

Over the last few years, thanks to Susanna over at Rare Frequency, I have taken a liking to a special blend of Turkish music from the mid-1970s. Last January, I stumbled onto a compilation featuring one of my favourite Turkish artists, Fikret Kizilok. This compilation, International Sad Hits (Volume 01), was split between four Altaic artists, one of which was Kim Doo Soo. I was unfamiliar with his work, but quickly found myself drawn to his dark folky sound.

This week's edition of earWorms features two tracks...
two sad songs, one from Turkey and the other from Korea.
Dig 'em, and let me know.

Fikret Kizilok: Just As Long
Kim Doo Soo: Song of Pathless Time

[/jc: guest post]

4 comments:

Imran said...

good track, but it looks like you linked it twice.

Anonymous said...

fixed. thanks man.

Denise said...

Is there any way to access the English lyrics to the Turkish piece?

Anonymous said...

Sadly, I don't have any english translations. A quick search didn't yield anything in english either. For me, I think that even without lyrics, the moodiness of Fikret's voice and music carries all the weight it needs.

That said, if I get a moment this weekend, I'll see what I can dig up.