Monday, November 26, 2007

earWorms 01

[jc: guest post]

Welcome to the first earWorms post. For those that are unfamiliar, an earWorm is a song that gets stuck in your head and stays there. Every week, I'll share a couple of the tracks that get stuck in my head. If I have the time, I'll try to include a story or bit of background... if not, you just get the music. Each new post will bring the death of the previous, this means that the mp3s will only be available for about a week.

This week I am sharing two instrumental tracks by DeVotchKa, a band that I had long ago dismissed. For the most part, I still don't like them and the singer's voice still makes me sad... but lately I've found myself playing "Death by Blonde" over-and-over. The second track, "La Llorrona," doesn't receive the same treatment, but it is a beautiful bit of aural-cinema that should appeal to fans of Calexico, and spaghetti western era Ennio Morricone.

DeVotchKa: Death by Blonde
DeVotchKa: La Llorrona

Let me know what you think.

[jc: guest post]

No comments: