[jc: guest post]
Sitting in this room, surrounded by books and paper, I feel afraid. Knowing that summer has dwindled down to just 5 days, I've decided to take stock of all items left undone... hoping to complete them before the bell rings, and summer stumbles into the past.
Knowing that my summer began with a similar list - that seemed like the place to start. Slowly reviewing each item, I am unable to figure out how I've managed to do so little with so much time. I'd say 90% of the items on my list are still there, but with the passing of time, I've added a few new items to the list.
So there it sits, a list, documenting my utter failure at a productive summer. What do I do with this? There isn't nearly enough time to set things right.
Perhaps, a new list. If I sit down and outline all of the books I've read (for myself), all of the music I've listened to, all of the visits and nights out... if I write this list... things start to look much better. I've clearly done more than I had intended to do... I just didn't write it all into the first list.
While this sort of thinking doesn't do shit for me in the long run, it does provide a slight reprieve, fending off the the urge to crumble... for now.
[/jc: guest post]
No comments:
Post a Comment