[jc : guest post]
Thursday night, 11:30 pm... I am trying to do a bit of reading and sifting through a pile of notes. Katie is in the next room working on a presentation for Friday afternoon. It'll be a late night here at Casa Café.
Before we dive into the night ahead... I wanted to quickly post about the day. Like most Thursday's the day started slow (blissfully so), with some light reading (dealing with second order cybernetics and a new and dynamic design language). Then I showered and went to Eat-N-Park for some crappy coffee, eggs, toast and homefries. There I finished a chunk of reading, while listening to a group of teenagers argue over which of the (original) Misfits' albums was truly the best.
From EnP, I went to the school to attend a lecture by Takeo Igarashi. I gotta say, this was one of the most inspiring and impressive presentations I have ever seen. This guy does amazing things. If you are a geek, google him (like you need to be told).
From the lecture I went to a research group meeting. I won't bore you with the details, but it was productive and useful... so that means I am in a decent mood.
When I got home Katie was already plugging away, racing the deadline. I made her a quick dinner, and sat down to review my notes from the research and the lecture. After about 30 minutes I realized I needed to let my eyes rest... So I checked my email (not exactly rest), and inside I found a number of folks wondering if I was still alive. We never write... it is true.
Tucked in among those emails I found one from a guy who was my "boss" when I worked at Knowledge House (NS). Crazy. Been about 8 years since I have heard from him. No content in the email... just one of those "testing the waters" type of emails.
I mentioned this to Katie and she told me she'd recently received an email from a NSCAD alum she hadn't spoken to in years. Strange how these connections cycles around. I know that I have recently been wondering about a number of folks from my past (distant and not so distant)... if I had the time I might even try to track a few of them down.
Anyway, if you read this, then you are clearly one of the closest folks in our network, and you most likely know as much about day-to-day as our mothers do... so please forgive our lack of communication, and try to focus on good things... like the benefits of global warming.
Anyway, that's it. Back to work.
[/jc : guest post]
No comments:
Post a Comment