[jc: guest post]
Much of this week was spent out in the world, with very little time was spent in front of the Hi-Fi. As a result, this week will be a bit random. First up, I'll be sharing a track from an upcoming N.A.S.A. release that features Tom Waits and one of my Hip Hop favourites, Kool Keith. Not sure how I feel about it, but the idea is interesting. Let me know what you think.
What else? One of my most frequent listens, Sleeparchive (Stephan Metzger), tends to rank low on my charts (long tracks = lower play count), but scores high is quality. Nice minimal electronica.
Finally, I've been digging straight up percussion lately. From Burhan Öçal to Zakir Hussain to his student Rohan Singh Bhogal. Dig those crazy beats.
video:
N.A.S.A. w/ Tom Waits & Kool Keith: Spacious Thoughts
Sleeparchive: ACD-Voice
Rohan Singh Bhogal live performance
[/jc: guest post]
No comments:
Post a Comment