Thursday, July 19, 2007

From Pig Destroyer to Neko Case

[jc: guest post]

Pittsburgh in the summer? Warm and humid with a good chance of rain. Today I walked to the school, listening to the latest Pig Destroyer... perfect morning music. When I got to the school I finalized an article proposal, called a few potential research participants and reworked an applescript to manage my data backUps. By that time I had that all tucked away, it nearly noon and I was getting hungry. Moments later SY popped over to ask me if I wanted to grab some Indian food. Indeed I did.

So we sat, ate, and talked... and took our time doing it. When I returned to my desk, Jodi called and asked me if I wanted to check out one of the robots she has been working on (advising - I think). So I spent the next while watching a few dudes debug the a/v system on the SnackBot (a friendly robot that offers snacks). When I returned to my desk, I sent a few emails and decided to call it a day (3pm) - a pleasantly early day... a pleasantly lazy day.

Walking home I called Raina, and talked to Aiden. When I got home Katie was here (she worked from home today), we talked briefly before I decided to finish a bit more work so that I could truly call it a day. Now it's about 5:30 and we are getting ready to head out to see Neko Case. We are both looking forward to it... it has been years since we last saw her (at the House of Blues in Cambridge), but the memories are good.

no, I didn't take this photo.


[/jc: guest post]

No comments: