Sunday, May 06, 2007

My Beautiful Sister...

This photo was taken by a friend of Alison's. It is amazing how much of Alison was captured in this photo. I can tell just by looking at it, that they were laughing about (to quote her) how "corny" this shot was going to be - but lo and behold, it is fantastic! I can hear Alison's laugh when I look at it, I can imagine being there. Isn't she beautiful?

It is very hard to be so far away when someone you love is going through a life changing experience. Not that I want to be there for every minute... :) This time... the time where a new little person is growing in her belly and to watch (or hear) her change and bond with my niece/nephew is so surreal and so weird and so cool. So when I get a photo like this, it melts my heart and makes me so happy.

Little babe is due early June. Jared and I plan to fly out there and spend some time just chillin' with family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you caught the text of that photo! That was exactly the moment and I like that you know that. It's even happy to hear that you see me in the photo - oddly, so do I.

I like the phrase "sweet sadness", and your absence is one of those for us. It is sad to me not to have you nearby but it is sweet that sadness and almost a gift - how would I know how treasured you are without it?

I'm really glad you're this one's aunt. They're going to be so much better off, no matter where you are.