Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A few words from the burgh...

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your patience with us, while I continue to suck as a blogger. There's always lots of news to report, boring news sometimes, but stuff to say and share...

Jared has 3 weeks left in his first year of graduate school. This has been an *interesting* and exciting time for both of us. It'll be nice when we can look back with "incredible insight" and reflect on all the wonderful things that we learned during this stress-heap of a year. (I hope you can hear the sarcasm... perhaps this isn't the best time for me to be blogging...?) Jared is out right now working on his "group" project. (I think I'm using too many quote marks.) He should return in a "great" mood. He's actually been doing some really cool stuff, but he's ready for it to all be over so he can start on the next round of research. Over the summer he'll be doing research on heart disease in the elder population. That is all I know about it so far. I "promise" to share more when I have it.

I've joined some kind of rowing team. I agreed with a co-worker to join, then found out we needed to do a swim test. I have no problem swimming, it was the after-winter-bathing-suit-shopping-in-fluorescent-lights I struggled with. Oh and doing our swim test for the 20yr lifeguard fella was a treat too... awesome. [eyeroll] Rowing started last night and it was okay. Luckily it always ends with beer and meat, so I think I'll grow to love it.

We've done our taxes, written checks for the greedy City of Pittsburgh and are awaiting our federal refunds. Happy Tax night to you all...

No comments: