Saturday, June 13, 2009

earWorms 81

[jc: guest post]

I should be putting the finishing touches on a presentation, but instead I find myself sifting through a collection of potential earWorms links. I've got about 23 links in the folder this week and no doubt the selected few will be pretty diverse. So get your mind open and settle in.

Starting things off, we've got Waldeck and their jazz-hoppy blend. To mix it up a bit we'll follow that with Magic Sam's hard step blues. Quality. Shifting once again, we touch on a little early 90s Helmet. I can't tell you how many times I've listened to Helmet's Meantime... maybe 1000 times between 1992 -1993. Despite the fact that we've feature numerus Neko Case's over the years, it seems like the right thing to share another since we saw her again last Wednesday.

video:
Waldeck: Make My Day
Magic Sam: All Your Love / Sam's Boogie
Helmet: Unsung
Neko Case: People Got a Lotta Nerve

If you'd like to see an interview with Neko, check this interview on Q TV. Ignore the dipshit doing the interviewing.


[/jc: guest post]

No comments: