[jc: guest post]
I suppose if you want a life update, the best place to look would be Facebook or Twitter. If you want music, you're in the right place.
Once again on a Dub kick. Something about those reverb soaked loops that help ease out all of the wrinkles. It helps. It does. To share a bit of what I've been digging, I'll post some Augustus Pablo. Good luck finding a finer melodica player.
In addition to the Dub, I've been enjoying a bit of retro-80s-vibed post-punk(?). I think I've post something else by A Place To Bury Strangers, but they are good enough to merit extra post.
Finally, I've been sifting through the archive and enjoying one of my all time favourite live acts... Fugazi. I could go one forever about the band and influence they've had on me - and this extends well beyond my interest in music - but i'll save that for another day. Please do excuse the wobbly sound quality - it ain't easy finding good quality live footage.
video:
Augustus Pablo: Nature Dub
A Place To Bury Strangers: I Know I'll See You
Fugazi: Turnover (Live)
[/jc: guest post]
No comments:
Post a Comment